MASH Mental Health Planned Respite
This is an opportunity for people with an experience of mental illness to have a break from their usual living situation. This may be from a few days up to a week, and regular bookings can be scheduled throughout the year to help with planning. MASH believes in individual support for people, that all people benefit from rest and recreation in their lives, and that planned respite can support the journey of recovery.
Respite Facility Palmerston North
- Two bedroom flat with a 15 minute walk to The Square.
- Support staff available 24/7 working in the adjacent units.
- No cost to you – food is provided.
- While staff are available for support in various areas, people staying in respite are responsible for keeping the flat tidy
- If you would like to participate in recreational activities please bring money with you.
- Planned respite is not for people when they are acutely unwell and needing hospital admission.
- Abuse or violence will excludes access
- Abuse of drugs and alcohol will exclude access.
How to Apply
- Contact MASH Trust on (06) 355 7200 and ask for a referral form to be sent out to you
- Complete the referral form and return it to us in the envelope provided
- Please fill in part one. Part two will be completed with your support person or keyworker
- Please indicate if you have a preference as to what gender you would be happy to share with
- Refer to the checklist on the referral form
- A member of staff from MASH Trust will contact with you within two weeks of receiving your application