From small beginnings with only two staff, MASH has evolved over the years and now provides 24/7 support and services to approximately 1700 people and employs nearly 550 permanent and part time staff.
MASH has been successful in developing and delivering a professional and quality person centered service to the people we support. The rewards that we are able to reap are due, in no small, part to;
- The skills and experience of the Board members and especially those members who have given long service continue to ensure that MASH does not lose its original intent, which is working in partnership to support people to grow and develop in the community;
- The dedicated and passionate staff who support people in often difficult and stressful circumstances. Many staff go far beyond the requirements of their jobs living up to the mission statement: ‘Working Together to Achieve Great Lives’, and of course;
- The people we support to grow and develop who give back to the staff the encouragement and passion that comes with obvious progress and enjoyment of life.
MASH has been an innovator in many areas;
- 2005 saw the establishment of our Child, Youth CrisisRespite Care service;
- We have become a leader in Mental Health and Addiction Services;
- Healthy Lifestyles programme for people in the community;
- LUCK drop-in centre has gone from strength to strength;
- The Enhanced Packages OfCare (supporting people with disabilities to live in their own homes) has grown;
- MASH was the first Non-Government Organisation (NGO) to gain the Certificate of Accreditation;
- In 2013was awarded a four-year accreditation from the Ministry of Health;
- Providing Back Office Support Services to other like organisations.
- MASH was requested to assist two organisations where statutory managers had been put in place by the Ministry of Health, resulting in ongoing management by the MASH Team;
- Requested to deliver specialised services in conjunction with DHBs, for high and complex cases.
- Partnership with Whaioro Trust;
- Throughout the years MASH has been awarded many Community, Primary Health and International Awards.