What Is Living Plus?
Living Plus is a service within MASH Trust which provides day activity programs for people with an intellectual disability.
Living Plus provides its community-based service Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
Each service team is lead by an experienced Team Leader who reports to the Service Manager.
We Believe that:
- People with disabilities have the right to full community participation and inclusion.
- All people have the ability to learn and develop over their lifetime.
- Every person can fulfil a valued role in society.
- Services should be built around and be responsive to individual need.
Living Plus service aims to:
- Strengthen the person’s sense of self-worth;
- Strengthen the person’s positive social relationships with others;
- Ensure everyone has meaningful input into their programme;
- Enhance the person’s decision and choice making skills;
- Support people to carry out activity and community skills as
independently as possible;
- Facilitate people’s positive and valued contribution to society.
Some Of The Activities provided by Living plus
DAILY LIVING SKILLS:
- health and beauty
- domestic and personal management skill training
- Education and Learning:
- community safety and orientation
- work and employment-related activities
RECREATIONAL LEISURE/ CREATIVITY:
- art & crafts
- movement and drama
- out and about in the community
- ten pin bowling
- multi sensory experiences
- relaxation and massage
- activities which promote community, peer and family/whanau interaction
- animal therapy
- riding for the disabled
EXERCISE AND FITNESS:
- sit and get fit
- planned walking
- movement to music